As we wind up 2019, we pause to reflect on the many ways God has used us to bring grace and peace through the knowledge of Jesus Christ among the deaf in our schools and churches in Nigeria, Chad and the Democratic Republic of Congo. A few of the highlights include:
- A successful Congo CMD Director’s conference in April
- Excellent participation at our Easter camps in Nigeria and Chad
- Growth at our Congo Bible Camp in Bujumbura (Burundi) in July
- Continued school construction in Ibadan (Nigeria) and N’Djamena (Chad)
- Solar electricity for our Congo schools in Uvira and Baraka
- Acquisition of land for new construction in Uvira (DR Congo)
- University education for 7 students in Chad and DR Congo
We’re looking forward to what God will do in 2020!
We’re having to change venues for our 2020 Congo Bible Camp. Local officials in Bujumbura (Burundi) are expecting violence in the streets due to the upcoming presidential elections, and as a preemptive measure, they are prohibiting any meetings of over 100 people. Pray with us that we’ll be able to have the camp meet in Goma (DR Congo). It’s proximity to many of the campers makes it an ideal second choice as we continue our 4-year study in the book of Genesis.
Lord willing, my next trip to the eastern Congo will take me to one of our remote schools in Baraka. Although it’s only 60 miles from our Uvira school, the road (path?) is only accessible by a 3-4 hour motorcycle ride. Pray for good weather and planning so that my time there will be fruitful.
Indeed, your prayers are coveted.